Tuesday 8 April 2014

The One I Was

I am delighted to announce that my latest novel, The One I Was, has been published by Moreton Street Books.



1939. Youngster Benny Gault, a Kindertransport refugee from Nazi Germany’s anti-semiticism, arrives at Harwich docks, label flapping round his neck, football under his arm, and a guilty secret in his heart. 

More than half a century later, Benny lies on his deathbed in his beautiful country house, Fairfleet, his secret still unconfessed. Rosamond, his nurse, has a guilty secret of her own concerning her mother’s death in a fire at Fairfleet, years earlier. As Benny and Rosamond unwind the threads binding them together, Rosamond must fight the unfinished violence of the past, now menacing both Fairfleet's serenity and Benny's last days. 

The One I Was is a novel about shifting identities and whether we can truly reinvent ourselves. 


Available from Amazon and from bookshops, ISBN 978-1910229019/

No comments: