Thursday 14 November 2013

The World of Lauren Baratz-Logsted's Twins

Lauren Baratz-Logsted is the author of 32 books for adults, teens and children. You can read more about her life and work at www.laurenbaratzlogsted.com or follow her on Twitter @LaurenBaratzL. The paperback edition of THE TWIN'S DAUGHTER, hailed by Library Journal as "riveting", will be released on 14 January 2014, and Lauren is here to tell us more about the world of the book.


The Twin's Daughter


If I fell into THE TWIN'S DAUGHTER, what would I hear and smell and feel?

You would notice more what you wouldn't hear: the cacophony of TVs and other electronic devices. You'd smell horse dung and slop jars. And you'd feel the occasional fabric that might be strange to you, like a tufted horsehair sofa. All of this would be because you'd be in London in the 1880s.  

Who would I have to watch out for?

From the moment you meet her, you would think you'd need to watch out for Helen Smythe. As time goes on, you'd waver: Am I right about this fear or am I wrong?  

Who would keep an eye on me?

Kit Tyler, the boy next door. Of all the characters I've created, Kit is the one I'm in love with the most and he deserves that love. 

What do I need to bring with me?

I think no matter where you are, commonsense and a sense of humor are always assets. Other things you'll want: keen powers of observation and detection (there will be a murder to solve); and resilience (we all need that); plus a strong neck (since yours might whip around each time the way you think things are gets turned on its head). Oh, and if at all possible, you'll want to bring indoor plumbing with you since you won't find any there. 

By the time I came home again, I'd know more about . . . 

The interior design, fashions and foods of 1880s London, also how camels might be used in warfare.

Postscript: Lauren also has an Amazon Countdown promotion on another of her titles: Robbie Knightley, which means you could snap up a bargain before the price returns to normal.

THANK YOU, LAUREN.

No comments: